COVID-19 Clinic Information and Protocols
On advice from our professional organisation and in line with Government advice on leaving home for health-related appointments, Leicester Forest East Physiotherapy Clinic is able to schedule face to face physiotherapy appointments for any injury or condition that is causing pain and/or limiting movement and function. To request an appointment please leave a message on the clinic answerphone (0116 2393009) or email using the contact form on this website.
Our clinic protocols have changed in line with recommendations regarding infection control and reducing the risk of transmission of the Covid-19 virus.
- After requesting a Clinic visit, you will be contacted by one of our physiotherapists who will discuss your condition with you. Through this assessment our physiotherapist will be able to offer advice and guidance relevant to your condition, and may also ask some questions with regard to your medical suitability to attend the clinic. If appropriate you will be offered a “face to face” consultation at the Clinic. Further information and consent forms will be emailed to you for completion and return prior to your attendance.
- 45 minutes is given per client for a face to face consultation, to allow for the treatment area to be disinfected between clients, and to avoid direct physical contact between clients as appointments cross over. Treatment time remains 30-40 minutes.
- Payment will be taken via “Contactless” card, or through cleared bank transfer prior to the appointment. (Account details provided as required)
- Items of protective personal equipment are expected to be worn by both the physiotherapist and the client. Further details are provided when a Clinic appointment has been scheduled.
- All usual treatment modalities may not yet be fully available. Further details will be provided when contact is made by our physiotherapist.
We are still in the midst of a serious pandemic, and whilst we are hoping to be available for all clients in the near future, as the Government again eases lockdown rules, we trust that you will understand that there may still be some limitations to services that we can provide.
Attending Your Physiotherapy Appointment
Please take note of and adhere to the following guidelines:
- Please do not arrive any earlier than 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment. If possible please stay in your vehicle until your appointment time. Leave accessories in your vehicle (for example handbags, jewellery, mobile phone) but do bring your own shorts or other change of clothing that may be required to facilitate your treatment. On entering the clinic please ensure that you are wearing a protective face mask. You will be met by your physiotherapist and following verbal reassessment of Covid-19 signs and symptoms, and your application of hand sanitizer, you will be taken through to the treatment area. No other family members or escorts will be allowed into the clinic unless absolutely necessary.
- Your physiotherapist will have prepared for your visit by disinfecting the treatment area, in particular the surfaces which you may come into contact with, for example the treatment couch, chairs and tables. They will be wearing items of personal protective equipment including a face mask, apron, gloves and eye protection. Treatments may include electrotherapy modalities, acupuncture, advice and a recommended exercise regime. We are currently restricted in executing treatments which require the physiotherapist to be closer than the recommended 2 metres distance, to a maximum of 15 minutes. These include “hands on” treatments, for example massage and joint manipulation techniques. However, we hope to be able to utilise these techniques to their fullest extent again in the near future.
- Payment will be taken by “contactless” card transaction, or by a cleared bank transfer prior to the appointment. Bank details will be provided as necessary.
- When ready to leave following your treatment, your physiotherapist will escort you from the premises. Please try to avoid touching any hard surfaces or door handles.
- Please be ALERT for the signs and symptoms of the COVID-19 virus and reschedule your appointment if:
1. You or any members of your household are experiencing, or have experienced in the last 14 days any of the following signs and symptoms of the COVID-19 virus, or you have had a positive test for Covid -19:
– New and persistent dry cough or significant worsening of a chronic cough.
– Raised body temperature in excess of 38.5 degrees C.
– Acute loss of smell and/or taste.
– Significant increase in perceived levels of fatigue.
2. You have had exposure to anyone with suspected or diagnosed COVID-19 infection in the last 14 days.