Monday: 9.30am; 10.45am; 4pm; 6.30pm
Tuesday: 11am; 5pm; 7.30pm
Wednesday: 9.30am; 10.45am; 12pm; 7.30pm
Thursday: 9.20am; 10.30am; 11.45 am; 5.45pm;
Saturday: 10am; 11.15am; Sunday: 6.15pm; 7.45pm
The Pilates Studio has now reopened and classes resumed with the following measures in place:
- Classes will be limited to a maximum of 5 participants
- Participants will exercise at least 2 metres apart
- Mats are provided and disinfected between classes
- Participants will supply their own pillows
- The Instructor will wear a face mask and gloves, and participants may do so as they choose to.
- Participants will apply hand sanitiser as they enter and exit the Studio.
Clincal Pilates uses the principles and exercises of the Pilates method, combined with physiotherapist assessment and rehabilitative skills. This provides a safe and effective means to enhance recovery from injury, or just to enable participation in a rewarding and beneficial exercise programme. Be reassured that you can exercise safely with expert supervision – with the aim of gaining the maximum core strengh and flexibility you can achieve.
Classes focus on specific muscle groups, deep-core control and strengthening, whole body flexibilty, movement control, balance and co-ordination, based on a background of core-muscle strength. Exercises are generally floor-based, but may be interspersed with exercise using specialised equipment to enhance effect.
How Pilates works
Pilates is a unique body conditioning and postural alignment exercise technique. Exercises target deep muscles within the abdomen and pelvic floor which connect the spine, pelvis, hips and shoulder girdle. These muscles assist in the maintenance of good posture and provide the foundation for all body movements. Improved posture control can reduce stresses placed on muscles and joints and make movement more energy efficient and flowing. Pilates can therefore be particularly beneficial in the management of back injuries and arthritis, as well as during pregnancy and following childbirth, and in training for sport.
Just some of the many benefits of Pilates
- Improved posture
- Greater flexibility
- Improved balance
- Better core muscle strength
- A firmer, flatter stomach
- Relief of stress and tension